Trying to solve a dog behavior or cat behavior problem? Our workshops are designed to be both fun and informative!
Separation Anxiety – “Don’t Leave Me!”
When your dog is left alone do they bark all day, damage window and door frames, tear down curtains and blinds and potty in the house even though they’re house trained? Learn everything you need to manage and correct this difficult behavior!
In this two hour workshop, you’ll learn:
- What separation anxiety is and what it isn’t
- How to manage a dog with separation anxiety until the training begins to work
- How to use work to eat and environmental enrichment strategies to help your dog
- Identify leaving cues and change your dogs emotional reaction to them
- Use relaxation training and other techniques to help you get out the door without your dog panicking
- How technology can help you and your dog
- Whether medication helps with separation anxiety
This is a workshop for people, but well behaved dogs who are able to be quiet in a class setting (and possibly around other dogs) may accompany their people. Please bring a mat for your dog to lay on quietly.
Fill out our contact form to express interest in the next offering of this workshop.
Companion Animal Solutions is where you are in the Pacific Northwest
Bringing you the best Dog training and Pet Behavior Experts help from Bellingham to Olympia including Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond.