In-Home Services PricingIMPORTANT: By order of Governor Inslee, Companion Animal Solutions will provide only live on-line services due to the COVID 19 emergency until the emergency order is lifted. Many of our in-home services can be offered via live on-line video consultation so you can move ahead with progress on difficult behavior issues. We are here to help with your dog, cat, bird, and exotic pet behavior during this unprecedented global situation.
Behavior Consultation and Training
We work with all types of behavior issues in dogs, cats, birds, and exotic pets, from basic training to advanced problems rooted in anxiety, fear, and aggression. In order to provide the best outcome, we first determine if the problem is:
- a “behavior” issue – your pet is anxious, fearful or upset – this needs a Behavior Consultation; or
- a “training” issue – your pet needs to better understand what you would like them to do – this needs a Training visit
Our Behavior Consultations are designed to help you understand your pet’s behavior and how to change it. The consultant will assess your pet, answer any questions you have, and develop an action plan for you to implement that will address management. training, and behavior modification. Fear, anxiety, or aggression-based behaviors are often most effectively treated by the owners during their normal interactions with their pets. Purchasing additional visits can be very helpful in implementing the plan. Those who prefer a more DIY approach may prefer to work through the plan on their own, requiring little further assistance to reach their goals. Others may prefer or require additional help though our separate follow-up training and support services to implement and adjust the plan over time. We can structure the service to meet your needs. We have a veterinarian highly experienced with behavior and behavioral medication on our team to help achieve the best possible outcome if behavioral medication is indicated.
Certified Trainer Behavior Consultations
- Our Elite Consultation includes an in-home visit* of 1.5 to 2 hours to assess the issues and make recommendations for environmental management and enrichment, behavior modification and training, and three one-hour follow-up visits. It includes travel (in most cases), written handouts, a detailed written behavior modification plan specific to your pet and your situation, the ability to send video of your pet’s behavior and/or your training sessions for our input, and the ability for our vet who is highly qualified in behavioral medication to consult with your vet if behavioral medication is indicated. It includes 3 months of free email support to help begin the process of behavior modification and adjust the plan, as needed. The Elite Consultation is $775.
- Our Full Consultation includes the same services as the Elite, but without the three follow-up visits. Follow-up visits are available separately. The Full Consultation is $375.
- Our Standard Consultation includes the same visit* and handouts as in the Full, and 1 month of free email support to help you begin the process of behavior modification. You also receive an email summarizing the plan. It does not include the detailed written summary, video review, or veterinarian consultation included in the Full. The Standard Consultation is $275.
- Additional Follow-Up Sessions with a trainer are available after any level of Behavior Consultation. We charge $150 per hour for individual sessions. In many geographic areas, a pre-paid package of three sessions for $400 is also available.
* During the COVID -19 emergency, and for certain location and behavior issue combinations, a video conference call may be offered in lieu of an in-person consultation.
Veterinary Behavioral Medication Support
Our Full and Elite consultations include the ability of our veterinarian to speak directly with your veterinarian regarding the use of behavioral medications in support of the behavior modification and training you will be doing with your pet.
Training and Coaching Services
For pets who don’t require a behavior consultation, we start with an Initial Hour of training or other specialty service:For puppies under 5 months of age, we recommend a Puppy Head Start. This approximately 90 minute service covers basic puppy behavioral needs and training. It includes 1 month of free email support for questions that arise after the appointment. The Puppy Head Start is $225.
- For dogs over 5 months old, cats, birds and exotic house pets, we start with an Initial Hour of training. This first visit includes development of a training plan, and is $150.
- Follow-up Training and Coaching visits are $150 an hour. In many geographic areas, a package of 3 sessions for $400 is available.
- Additional time can be added to Training and Coaching visits prorated at $150 per hour in 15 minute increments.
- Our Day Training Intensive service is available in limited geographic areas. Our consultant will work with your dog one-on-one, teaching skills and behaviors in accordance with your goals. Counter conditioning for behaviors based in fear, anxiety and aggression will be done in-home and off-site as applicable. Included in this service are daily updates, any additional handouts from the daily lessons, and video tutorials. Day Training Intensive sessions are between 1.5 and 2 hours long to allow for healthy, well-rounded training session, play/enrichment, and a walk. A complimentary one-hour weekly Follow-up session for clients is included to learn the skills you need to continue the training. While the Follow-up session is complimentary, it is also mandatory, to learn the needed skills for you and your dog to be successful. Cost is $525 for 3 days in one week, or $652.50 for 4 days in one week.
Companion Animal Solutions is where you are in the Pacific Northwest
Bringing you the best Dog training and Pet Behavior Experts help from Bellingham to Olympia including Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond.