In-Home and Hybrid (Zoom followed by In-Home) Services PricingIMPORTANT: We are now able to offer limited in-person services during COVID-19. Hybrid services consist of a preliminary live video portion followed by a shorter in-person session. A travel fee of $50 will be added to each in-person visit, unless otherwise noted. Many of our in-home services can also be offered entirely via live on-line video consultation so you can move ahead with progress on difficult behavior issues when in-person work is not available. We are here to help with your dog, cat, bird, and exotic pet behavior during COVID-19.
Behavior Consultation and Training
We work with all types of behavior issues in dogs, cats, birds, and exotic pets, from basic training to advanced problems rooted in anxiety, fear, and aggression. In order to provide the best outcome, we first determine if the problem is:
- a “behavior” issue – your pet is anxious, fearful or upset – this needs a Behavior Consultation; or
- a “training” issue – your pet needs to better understand what you would like them to do – this needs a Training visit
Our Behavior Consultations are designed to help you understand your pet’s behavior and how to change it. The consultant will assess your pet, answer any questions you have, and develop an action plan for you to implement that will address management. training, and behavior modification. Fear, anxiety, or aggression-based behaviors are often most effectively treated by the owners during their normal interactions with their pets. Purchasing additional in-person or Zoom visits can be very helpful in implementing the plan. Those who prefer a more DIY approach may prefer to work through the plan on their own, requiring little further assistance to reach their goals. Others may prefer or require additional help though our separate follow-up training and support services to implement and adjust the plan over time. We can structure the service to meet your needs. We have veterinarians highly experienced with behavior and behavioral medication on our team to help achieve the best possible outcome if behavioral medication is indicated.
Certified Trainer Behavior Consultations
- Our in-person or hybrid Comprehensive Consultation includes an in-person visit in your home of 1.5 to 2 hours, or a hybrid service consisting of an initial Zoom session followed by an in-home visit for a total of 1.5 to 2 hours. The consultant will assess the issues and make recommendations for environmental management and enrichment, behavior modification and training. Three hours of in-person or Zoom live follow-up sessions are included. A travel fee of $50 is applied to each in-home visit. Written handouts, a detailed written behavior modification plan specific to your pet and your situation, the ability to send video of your pet’s behavior and/or your training sessions for our input are included. Our vet who is highly qualified in behavioral medication can consult directly with your vet if behavioral medication is indicated. Two months of free email support is provided to help begin the process of behavior modification and adjust the plan, as needed. The Comprehensive Consultation is $775. Travel fees if all four meetings are held in-person adds $200.
- Our in-person or hybrid Full Consultation includes the same services as the Comprehensive, but with one month of free email support and without the three hours of in-person or Zoom follow-up. Follow-up visits are available separately. The Full Consultation is $375, with an additional $50 travel fee.
- Our in-person or hybrid Standard Consultation includes the same initial consultation, handouts, and one month of free email follow-up support as in the Full. You will receive an email summarizing the plan in lieu of a detailed report. It does not include the video review, or veterinarian consultation included in the Full. The Standard Consultation is $275 with an additional $50 travel fee.
- Additional in-person Follow-Up Sessions with a trainer are available after any level of Behavior Consultation. We charge $150 per hour for individual sessions. In many geographic areas, a pre-paid package of three sessions for $400 is also available. A $50 travel fee is added for each in-person visit.
- Additional time can be added to in-person or Zoom Follow-up visits, prorated at $150 per hour in 15 minute increments.
- Our in-person Day Training Intensive service is available in limited geographic areas and there is no additional travel fee. Our consultant will work with your dog one-on-one, teaching skills and behaviors in accordance with your goals. Counter conditioning for behaviors based in fear, anxiety and aggression will be done in-home and off-site as applicable. Included in this service are daily updates, any additional handouts from the daily lessons, and video tutorials. Day Training Intensive sessions are between 1.5 and 2 hours long to allow for healthy, well-rounded training session, play/enrichment, and a walk. Clients must attend one session per week for one hour so the trainer can pass along the skills the dog has learned. Cost is $600 for 3 days in one week. No additional travel fee.
Veterinary Behavioral and Medication Support
Our veterinarians have a special interest in behavior and behavioral medication, and are in a unique position to assist clients whose pet’s may require expertise in both veterinary medicine and behavior.
Our Full and Comprehensive consultations with a trainer (described above) include the ability of our veterinarian to speak directly with your veterinarian regarding the use of behavioral medications in support of the behavior modification and training you will be doing with your pet. In those cases, our veterinarian is not allowed by law to speak directly with you as they have not seen your pet.
The service described below is with our veterinarian. It generally is provided through a combination of Zoom and in-person appointments. This service is for those who are already working a behavior plan with a qualified trainer through Companion Animal Solutions or another provider.
- Our Behavioral Medication Consultation includes an initial Zoom consultation followed by an in-home visit (within our service area) for a total 1 hour to assess the use of behavioral medications in a pet already working a behavior modification plan from a qualified trainer. This includes review of the veterinary records and behavior plan prior to the appointment. Blood tests within the previous six months are generally required prior to the appointment. Within Washington State, our veterinarian will be able to prescribe medication. In other cases and when desired, she will work directly with your vet to make recommendations. The Behavioral Medication Consultation is $300. Current Companion Animal Solutions clients working with one of our consulting trainers pay $190. A travel fee of $50 is added for each in-person visit by the veterinarian.
- Our Vet-to-Vet Phone Consultation includes 30-60 minutes of records review and consultation between our veterinarian with special expertise in behavior and behavioral medication and your pet’s own vet. It is designed for clients who are working a behavior modification plan from another trainer and would like their veterinarian to have input regarding behavioral medication. Blood tests within the previous six months are required prior to the appointment. The Vet-to-Vet Phone Consultation is $225.
Training and Coaching Services
Please note: We are currently focusing our training and coaching services on puppies in order to support the large number of requests for behavior consultations we are currently receiving. We would be happy to refer you to one of our trusted colleagues during this time for other training services.
For puppies under 5 months of age, we recommend beginning with a Puppy Head Start. This approximately 90 minute in-home or hybrid service covers basic puppy behavioral needs and training. It includes 1 month of free email support for questions that arise after the appointment. The In-Person or Hybrid Puppy Head Start is $225 with a $50 travel fee.
For those wishing to train their own service dogs, we start with an in-person or hybrid Evaluation. This one hour service is designed to determine if your dog is suitable for the service work you require, or if they could become suitable with some behavior modification. The Evaluation is $250 with an additional $50 travel fee. If it is determined that your dog will require behavior modification to do service work, the Evaluation can be extended into one of our behavior consultation services.
Hybrid or in-person basic manners and skills training is available for $150 per hour with a $50 travel fee for each in-person visit.
Initial or follow-up training and coaching is available.
- Training and Coaching visits are $150 an hour. In many geographic areas, a package of 3 sessions for $400 is available. A $50 travel fee is added for each in-person visit.
- Additional time can be added to Training and Coaching visits prorated at $150 per hour in 15 minute increments.
- Our in-person Day Training Intensive service is available after an initial Consultation or Puppy Head Start in limited geographic areas. The travel fee is included (no additional travel fee.) Our consultant will work with your dog one-on-one, teaching skills and behaviors in accordance with your goals. Counter conditioning for behaviors based in fear, anxiety and aggression will be done in-home and off-site as applicable. Included in this service are daily updates, any additional handouts from the daily lessons, and video tutorials. Day Training Intensive sessions are between 1.5 and 2 hours long to allow for healthy, well-rounded training session, play/enrichment, and a walk. Clients must attend one session per week for one hour so the trainer can pass along the skills the dog has learned. Cost is $600 for 3 days in one week. No additional travel fee.
Companion Animal Solutions is where you are in the Pacific Northwest
Bringing you the best Dog training and Pet Behavior Experts help from Bellingham to Olympia including Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond.