In-Home Services Pricing
We work with all types of behavior issues, from basic training to advanced problems rooted in anxiety, fear, and aggression. In order to provide the best outcome, we first determine if the problem is:
1) a “behavior” issue – your pet is anxious, fearful or upset – this needs a Behavior Consultation; or
2) a “training” issue – your pet needs to better understand what you would like them to do – this needs a Training visit
Our Behavior Consultations are designed to help you understand your pet’s behavior and how to implement the specific methods you will be using to change it. Fear, anxiety, or aggression-based behaviors are often most effectively treated by the owners during their normal interactions with their pets. Having additional visits from a trainer can be very helpful in implementing the plan. Many of our clients carry out the training themselves with our support by phone or email, while others like more hands-on coaching with follow-up visits following the consultation. We can structure the service to meet your needs. We have a veterinarian highly experienced with behavior and behavioral medication on our team to help achieve the best possible outcome if behavioral medication is indicated.
Certified Trainer Behavior Consultations
- Our Standard Consultation includes an in-home visit of up to two hours to assess the issues and make recommendations for environmental management and enrichment, behavior modification and training. It includes travel (in most cases), and written handouts. You then receive 3 months of free unlimited email and phone support to help guide you through the process of behavior modification and adjust the plan, as needed. The Standard Consultation is $275.
- Our Full Consultation includes everything in the Standard, plus a detailed written behavior modification plan specific to your pet and your situation, the ability to send video of your pet’s behavior and/or your training sessions for our input, and the ability for our vet who is highly qualified in behavioral medication to consult with your vet if behavioral medication is indicated. If after working with our consultant during the 3 month follow-up period you feel you need additional time with support, that can be extended to six months at no additional charge. The Full Consultation is $375.
- Our Elite Consultation includes 3 one-hour follow-up visits along with all of the services in our Full Consultation, for $650.
- Additional Follow-Up Sessions with a trainer are available after any level of Behavior Consultation. We charge $100 per hour. In many geographic areas, a package of three sessions for $275 is also available.
- Our Full DVM Consultation is with our veterinarian, Louisa Beal, DVM. It includes the same services as the Full Consultation with a trainer, but allows Dr. Beal to create and oversee the behavior modification plan in person while taking into account medical behavior issues and behavioral medication needs as one of your pet’s veterinarians. The Full DVM Consultation with Dr. Beal is $435.
- If you are already working a behavior modification plan with a qualified trainer and would like to discuss how behavioral medication may be applicable to improving results, you may qualify for a Behavioral Medication Consultation with Dr. Beal. This is a one hour in-home service. Documentation of the behavior modification being performed, as well as medical testing by your vet is required prior to the appointment. The Behavioral Medication Consultation is $300.
- Follow-up Sessions with Dr. Beal following a Veterinary or Behavioral Medication Consultation are $150.
Training and Coaching Services
For pets who don’t require a behavior consultation, we start with an Initial Hour of training or other specialty service:
- For puppies under 5 months of age, we recommend a Puppy Head Start. This approximately 90 minute service covers basic puppy behavioral needs and training. It includes 3 months of free email and phone support for questions that arise as your puppy matures. The Puppy Head Start is $175.
- For dogs over 5 months old, cats, birds and exotic house pets, we start with an Initial Hour of training. This first visit includes development of a training plan, and is $125.
- Follow-up Training and Coaching visits are $100 an hour. In many geographic areas, a package of 3 sessions for $275 is available.
- Additional time can be added to Training and Coaching visits prorated at $100 per hour in 15 minute increments.
- Our Day Training Intensive service is available in limited geographic areas. Our consultant will work with your dog one-on-one, teaching skills and behaviors in accordance with your goals. Counter conditioning for behaviors based in fear, anxiety and aggression will be done in-home and off-site as applicable. Included in this service are daily updates, any additional handouts from the daily lessons, and video tutorials. Day Training Intensive sessions are between 1.5 and 2 hours long to allow for healthy, well-rounded training session, play/enrichment, and a walk. A complimentary one-hour weekly Follow-up session for clients is included to learn the skills you need to continue the training. While the Follow-up session is complimentary, it is also mandatory, to learn the needed skills for you and your dog to be successful. Cost is $525 for 3 days in one week, or $652.50 for 4 days in one week.
Companion Animal Solutions is where you are in the Pacific Northwest
Bringing you the best Dog training and Pet Behavior Experts help from Bellingham to Olympia including Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond.