Live On-Line Video Services PricingAt the beginning of COVID-19, we transitioned our services to live on-ine video consultations. Clients have been excited to discover the benefits of working remotely with a trainer who can evaluate their pet without the excitement or anxiety of a stranger in the home. Live on-line video services continue to be our most popular and cost effective option. In-person and hybrid (Zoom followed by in-person visit) services are also now available with an additional $50 travel fee per visit.
Behavior Consultation and Training
We work with all types of behavior issues in dogs, cats, birds, and exotic pets, from basic training to advanced problems rooted in anxiety, fear, and aggression. In order to provide the best outcome, we first determine if the problem is:
- a “behavior” issue – your pet is anxious, fearful or upset – this needs a Behavior Consultation; or
- a “training” issue – your pet needs to better understand what you would like them to do – this needs a Training visit
Our Behavior Consultations are designed to help you understand your pet’s behavior and how to change it. The consultant will assess your pet, answer any questions you have, and develop an action plan for you to implement that will address management. training, and behavior modification. Fear, anxiety, or aggression-based behaviors are often most effectively treated by the owners during their normal interactions with their pets. Purchasing additional visits can be very helpful in implementing the plan. Those who prefer a more DIY approach may prefer to work through the plan on their own, requiring little further assistance to reach their goals. Others may prefer or require additional help though our separate follow-up training and support services to implement and adjust the plan over time. We can structure the service to meet your needs. We have a veterinarian highly experienced with behavior and behavioral medication on our team to help achieve the best possible outcome if behavioral medication is indicated.
Certified Trainer Behavior Consultations
- Our Comprehensive Consultation includes a live on-line video consultation in one or more sessions for a total of 1.5 to 2 hours. This time will be used to assess the issues and make recommendations for environmental management and enrichment, behavior modification and training. Three hours of live on-line follow-up is provided afterwards. The service includes emailed handouts, a detailed written behavior modification plan specific to your pet and your situation, the ability to send video of your pet’s behavior and/or your training sessions for our input, and the ability for our vet who is highly qualified in behavioral medication to consult with your vet if behavioral medication is indicated. You receive 2 months of free email support to help begin the process of behavior modification and adjust the plan, as needed. The Elite Consultation is $775.
- Our Full Consultation includes the same services as the Comprehensive, but with one month of free follow-up support and without the three hours of live follow-up. Live on-line follow-up is available separately. The Full Consultation is $375.
- Our Standard Consultation includes the same live on-line consultation and handouts as in the Full, and 1 month of free email support to help you begin the process of behavior modification and adjust the plan, as needed. You also receive an email summarizing the plan in lieu of the detailed report. It does not include the review of your video, or veterinarian consultation included in the Full. The Standard Consultation is $275.
- Additional Follow-Up Sessions with a trainer are available after any level of Behavior Consultation. We charge $150 per hour for individual on-line sessions. A pre-paid package of three hours is also available for $400.
Veterinary Behavioral Medication Support
Our Full and Comprehensive consultations include the ability of our veterinarian to speak directly with your veterinarian regarding the use of behavioral medications in support of the behavior modification and training you will be doing with your pet. In-person and Hybrid (Zoom followed by an in-person visit) appointments directly with our veterinarian are available on our In-Home Pricing page.
Training and Coaching Services
Please note: We are currently focusing our training and coaching services on puppies in order to support the large number of requests for behavior consultations we are currently receiving. We would be happy to refer you to one of our trusted colleagues during this time for other training services.
For puppies under 5 months of age, we recommend beginning with a Puppy Head Start. This approximately 90 minute covers basic puppy behavioral needs and training. It includes 1 month of free email support for questions that arise after the appointment. The Puppy Head Start is $225.
For those wishing to train their own service dogs, we start with an Evaluation. This one hour service is designed to determine if your dog is suitable for the service work you require, or if they could become suitable with some behavior modification. The Evaluation is $250. If it is determined that your dog will require behavior modification to do service work, the Evaluation can be extended into one of our behavior consultation services.
Basic manners and skills training is available for $150 per hour.
Initial or follow-up training and coaching is available.
- Training and Coaching visits are $150 an hour. A package of 3 sessions for $400 is available.
- Additional time can be added to Training and Coaching visits prorated at $150 per hour in 15 minute increments.
Companion Animal Solutions is where you are in the Pacific Northwest
Bringing you the best Dog training and Pet Behavior Experts help from Bellingham to Olympia including Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond.